This plugin lets users upload files into BuddyPress groups. A simple, install-and-go plugin. You can specify what file formats you accept via the Plugin options.
The initial plugin of Peter Anselmohis is no longer available, and the old version is not compatible with WordPress 3.3. and Buddypress 1.5.
So I start edited it in order to work with Wordpress 3.3. and Buddypress 1.5 and Chris Keeble made a great contribution, since 0.4.3.1 version.
Many thanks to the wordpress.org forum for debugging!!!
Update (30/4/2013): Buddypress Group Documents for BP 1.7
Version 0.4.3.3 (13/5/2012) for BP 1.5
Version 0.4.3.3 (May 13, 2012)
- By Keeble Smith Ltd (http://keeblesmith.com)
- Fixed layout of sidebar (early closing of div) in some configurations
Version 0.4.3.2 (May 8, 2012)
- Minor fixes at style.css
- New strings in .pot file
Version 0.4.3.1 (May 5, 2012)
- This update by Keeble Smith Ltd (http://keeblesmith.com)
- *** Please Note:
- *** This update includes a complete rewrite of style.css to allow themes to override correctly, simplify, create clearer element identification and remove obsolete css
- *** You may need to update any css overrides you are implementing
- *** This update also includes major changes to the form layout and other HTML elements which may cause require additional css changes, but should allow future updates to be more stable
- Added BP_GROUP_DOCUMENTS_ALLOW_WP_EDITOR default setting (false)
- Added conditional use of wp_editor, based on BP_GROUP_DOCUMENTS_ALLOW_WP_EDITOR setting (to provide theme authors with some control – ideally should be a setting.
- Added logical check of BP_GROUP_DOCUMENTS_ALLOW_WP_EDITOR so description is stored correctly either way
- Added logical check of BP_GROUP_DOCUMENTS_ALLOW_WP_EDITOR in do_post_logic for description property population in add and edit contexts
- Updated get_file_size to test file_exists, avoiding warning messages being written to the error_log
- Fixed category filter disappears if no documents exist in the selected category, making it impossible to then change the filter back and see any documents.
- Multiple changes to the form layout and styling – simpler, cleaner HTML and CSS which now validates and is compatible with more themes:
– Moved Document List heading so it will appear even if there are no documents to show
— Updated document description display to use stripslashes if using wp_editor and nl2br if not
— Updated bp-group-documents-delete to a class instead of ID (avoiding duplicate IDs in HTML)
— Removed obsolete spacer div (using css for styling instead)
— Corrected immediate closing of bp-group-documents-form tag (invalid HTML)
— Fixed layout of headings and categories list being bunched up
— Added a margin at the bottom of bp-group-documents div
— When no documents exist in a group the ‘upload a new document’ button no longer overlaps the ‘There are no documents…’ message in some themes
— Only output the existing categories list if there are any existing categories
— Moved submit button to below the categories list (for easier styling customisation)
- Multple invalid HTML fixes and cleanup:
– Removed unnecessary br tags (use CSS for styling)
— Added <p> tag around the Valid File Formats text.
— Added rows and cols attributes to bp-group-documents-description textarea (required for valid HTML)
— Removed empty label tag
— Replaced unclosed BR tags with closed BR tags
— Renamed group-documents-edit-link target from #e to #edit-document-form to remove ambiguity
— Updated group-documents-icon to bp-group-documents-icon
— Renamed document-info div to bp-group-documents-document-info for unambiguous & consistent identity
- general.js – updated to adopt changes made from ID to class, and naming consistency
In 0.4.3. version:
- Add activity dropdown filtering
- Add option for administrators to rename the group documents navigation tab
- Add some strings in .pot
- Add en_US.po file in order to allow developers to rename the English strings
In 0.4.2. version:
- Add wp_editor support
- Fix the style and js script position
- Added some localized strings